Sunday, January 20, 2008

welcome

Since becoming a stay-at-home mom in 2002, I have developed a desire to write and through my writing to encourage others. Realizing that I'm more of a jack-of-all trades kinda girl, rather than a master of anything in particular (although my graduate degree says otherwise), I had a tough time deciding what I would write about (and yep, I just ended a sentence with a preposition). Then, I was introduced to "blogging" and I discovered that I could write about absolutely anything!

My goal , however, is not merely to write, but to write with a purpose -to encourage, to inform, to inspire, to motivate. . .so that all my know Him. Who is "Him", you ask? Him is Jesus, the Son of God, the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior of the World! As one who has personally accepted His free gift of salvation (as a result of Him dying on the cross for my sins), my life is dedicated to glorifying God in all that I do. In Colossians 3:17 of the Holy Bible, it reads, "And whatever you do in world or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God, the Father through Him (NKJV)". So, I may write about something I have learned through personal experience (as a mom of a 6-year old and a 4-year old, I'm always learning something new). I may write about a book I have read, a movie I have seen, or just whatever pops into my head on a given day. Maybe by reading this blog, you will be introduced to Jesus or maybe you already have a personal relationship with Jesus as your Savior and Lord of your life and in need of a little inspiration. Whatever the case, my hope is that He would be glorified and you would be encouraged. I hope you will check in from time to time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Malaika! I am glad you have answered His call and started this blog. Sometimes we stay-at-home moms, who are preoccupied with the day to day with the children, find it challenging to find ways to share the Gospel to others. Of course we minister in our homes to our families which is very important, but this is a great way to minister to others. I look forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

Malaika, The Lord has blessed you with a wonderful Ministry and gift. Praise God for your deep desire to share Jesus Christ in such a unique way. I love how you 1st point out simple things in life that most of us may take for granted and then display for us God's Glory in the mist of it all. God is so Awesome! I look forward to reading more. Be Encouraged!

Paula Hearn said...

Hi Malaika! I LOVE your blog....this is a great way to connect with others and "make Him known!" Yeah!

And it's so wonderful just to use your everyday life to share with others how God works....

Fur Coat said...

Hey, Mailaka. It's nice to keep up with you guys through your blog. Debbie and I are so inspired by your adventure in the Northwest. We hope to visit you all before you leave on your next adventure!

Derek